Every excellent piece of writing starts with the decision to WRITE YOUR IDEAS. Send your ideas about energy security through our Essay Competition.
The Purnomo Yusgiantoro Center (PYC) is pleased to announce the PYC Essay Competition to recognize energy enthusiast’s valuable contribution to strengthening national energy security.
This competition will take place for several months leading up to the conference. The programs aim to promote the conference and provide platforms for the public interested in energy, environment or a sustainable future to voice their ideas.
For this competition, participants can submit their essay in the following topics:
- Energy Security
- Dynamics and Geopolitics of Energy Transition
- Clean Energy Regulation and Environmental Policy
- Eradication of Energy Poverty
- Energy-Economic Forecast and Modelling
- Sustainable Energy Investment
- Energy Market Analysis
- Sustainable Development and Utilization of Fossil Fuel
- Sustainable Technology Innovation
- Clean Energy Integration
- This competition is both for personal and team entry. A team participation is limited to only 2 members.
- The essay must be written in English.
- The full essay shall be between 800-1000 words (excluding footnotes, tables, figures and references).
- The essay must contain at least one any related information/data from PYC Data Center.
- Font, Space and Margin: Times New Roman font size 12, 1.5 line spacing, margin 1 inch on all sides.
- Tables and figures: Times New Roman font size 11, single line spacing.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman font size 10, single line spacing.
- Titles: Written in English, Times New Roman font size 14, Font Bold, 1.5 line spacing.
- The essay shall contain (i) the full name(s) of the author(s) without any title or degree, (ii) name of department or institutional affiliation, (iii) email address(es) of the author(s).
- All submissions should be written in English.
- Please use op.ed style for your essay.
- Substance and originality of the concept;
- Clarity, organization, and coherence;
- Composition and writing style;
- Relevance and practicality; and
- Grammar and the use of the language.
Please submit your essay at http://bit.ly/IEC2021-COMPETITION prior to 6 August 2021
Essay contest winners will be awarded according to the following:
- 1st winner: IDR 3,000,000 + certificate
- 2nd winner: IDR 2,000,000 + certificate
- 3rd winner: IDR 1,000,000 + certificate